Lemon oil is a natural and effective wood polish that can be made at home or purchased from a store. It is made from lemon juice and olive oil, and it has a number of benefits for wood furniture and other wood surfaces.
Benefits of lemon oil for wood
- Lemon oil is a natural disinfectant and can help to kill bacteria and germs on wood surfaces.
- Lemon oil helps to prevent wood from drying out and cracking.
- Lemon oil enhances the natural beauty of wood by bringing out the grain and shine.
- Lemon oil has a fresh, citrus scent that can help to freshen up a room.
How to make lemon oil for wood
To make lemon oil at home, you will need:
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of olive oil
- A glass jar with a lid
- Combine the lemon juice and olive oil in the glass jar.
- Screw on the lid and shake the jar vigorously to mix the ingredients.
- Allow the lemon oil to sit for at least 24 hours before using.
How to use lemon oil on wood
To use lemon oil on wood, you will need:
- A soft cloth
- A clean, dry cloth
- Apply a small amount of lemon oil to a soft cloth.
- Rub the cloth in a circular motion over the wood surface.
- Wipe away any excess lemon oil with a clean, dry cloth.
Tips for using lemon oil on wood
- Test lemon oil on an inconspicuous area of the wood furniture or surface first to make sure it does not discolor the wood.
- Do not apply lemon oil to unfinished wood.
- If the wood is very dirty, you may need to clean it with a mild soap and water solution before applying lemon oil.
Store lemon oil in a cool, dark place. It will keep for several months.
Lemon oil is a natural and effective wood polish that can be used to clean, protect, and enhance the beauty of wood furniture and other wood surfaces. It is a simple and affordable way to keep your wood looking its best.